The Baia dei Gabbiani Camping-Village is located right on the beach along the Maremma coastline, in Tuscany, Puntone di Scarlino, which is only 5 km south of the beach town, Follonica, from which the same Gulf in front of Elba Island takes its name.
The 1970s style campsite is spread out on a flat grassy land directly bordering the Municipality of Scarlino's public beach which is characterized by fine sands and a pleasantly sloping, very shallow sea. The campsite has areas for trailers and tents with electricity connections at 3 ampere max plus very comfortable bungalow.
Absolutely ideal for families with kids and for all those who think vacations should be nonconformist, filled with sun, relaxation and freedom without leaving out sports and other activities that the area has to offer.
Inside the camping and village our beloved inseparable canine companions are always welcome on the leash and without any size or race discriminations. According to the Tuscan regional law from October 2009, dogs are permitted in all public areas on the leash, including free beaches, if not indicated otherwise. Therefore it is possible to take your dog with you on the free beach, directly in front of the campsite where they can stay together with their family! From summer 2011, dogs are also allowed to have a bath in the sea in a limited area right in front of our campsite always on the leash. At Baia dei Gabbiani, our 2 and 4 footed guests will enjoy a pleasant holiday together...
Inside the Campsite, guests have access to the following services and/or areas: the internal Restaurant Le Baccanti mainly serving fish and and maremma typical dishes, the Bar and the mini-market, the Barbecue area, the Laundromat, the free self-service "Dog wash", Beach umbrella and sunbeds rental service; free entertainment for adults and children from the last week of June to the end of August.
Extra supplementary paid services:
- rental of beach umbrellas and sunbeds.
- half or full board at your choise between our seaside internal restaurant “Le Baccanti” (breakfast available) offering specialities of fish and of the maremma.
Our 4-footed friends are very welcome and you can ask for a Dog’s menu, also takeaway.
Other free services:
- Three fenced garden for our 4-footed friends, two of them between the beach and the bungalow area and one close to the head office; here dogs can run and play without the leash!
- Small library: get a tan while reading!!! At the Bar area you will find many kind of books for moments of complete relaxation…
- open room in the camping area with barrel with drinking water to remove sand and salt from our dogs.